Is the Dogue de Bordeaux the right breed of dog for you and your family?
When buying a Dogue de Bordeaux puppy, there are many different things you need to consider. We have comprised a list to help you along the way………
- Dogue de Bordeaux puppies are all adorable. When we bring them home at 8 weeks they are a 10lb bundle of fun, this magnificent breed can get to 10 stone and beyond when they are fully grown. Albeit soft and gentle, but remember not all dogue’s, like people, have the same temperament.
- Do you need time to commit to be able to manage any problems, should they arise.
- All Dogue’s are very loving, cute and playful when they are pups; however they need lots of training and socialising to maintain a steady well balanced mind.
- Do you have the time to commit to training your dogue not just in puppy-hood but through adolescence and its life?
- Dogue’s like any other dog need exercise, at least 30 minutes, twice a day, as an adult.
- Do you have the time to exercise your dogue on a daily basis?
- These dogs are large; therefore need more food than average breeds, they also need a good well balanced diet to ensure they develop to their optimum level, preventing health problems in the future.
- Can you afford to feed, and commit to the health of your dogue?
- Your dogue may need vet treatment which can be very expensive.Can you afford to pay for insurance to cover these cost?
- Do you have the space for a fully grown dogue within your family?
- Are you prepared for drool???